Sporting Tips Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk Racing Place betting

3 posters

Go down

Talk Racing Place betting Empty Talk Racing Place betting

Post  Brian Sat 9 Feb - 0:53

Talk and share tactics, systems using Place bets.

Please do not post any selections here
Brian
Brian
Admin

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2007-11-23

http://www.brianbinnsinfo.com/

Back to top Go down

Talk Racing Place betting Empty Re: Talk Racing Place betting

Post  Brian Sat 9 Feb - 2:04

I will start this section off because place betting is now my preferred bet.
I looked over all my betting history with “lays” “wins” & “place” and sticking out like a sore thumb was all my place bets showing to be the most profitable.

So it was just before Christmas I decide that all my bets in future would be place bets.

From my main bank I make up smaller banks of only £25 for any new system that I use, I increased one bank by 500% in 14 days I doubled one bank in only 2 days and it keeps on…. If one system turns out to be useless then I can only lose £25 with it, while most of the time the others more than make up for it!

Where really I should paper trade I must admit I find this boring (I can hear Ian cracking his whip and shaking his head in shame at me) so instead of paper trading I use small banks of £25 and with using place bets of only £2 I can get a long run “testing the water” with any place system. I have never needed to top up any of the small banks because if it failed I would drop the system anyway and if it was working then the bank would increase naturally

One note here, I have NEVER lost a whole bank while using place bets.

So the above is my betting tactics and later in other posts I will try to explain how I use a staking plan with my place betting that helps stop what I call the yo-yo effect (good runs turning to bad runs then going good again)

So that is my start. It’s now over to you.

Comments good or bad are very welcome
Brian
Brian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pauluk Sat 9 Feb - 4:03

Brian wrote:I will start this section off because place betting is now my preferred bet.
I looked over all my betting history with “lays” “wins” & “place” and sticking out like a sore thumb was all my place bets showing to be the most profitable.

So it was just before Christmas I decide that all my bets in future would be place bets.

From my main bank I make up smaller banks of only £25 for any new system that I use, I increased one bank by 500% in 14 days I doubled one bank in only 2 days and it keeps on…. If one system turns out to be useless then I can only lose £25 with it, while most of the time the others more than make up for it!

Where really I should paper trade I must admit I find this boring (I can hear Ian cracking his whip and shaking his head in shame at me) so instead of paper trading I use small banks of £25 and with using place bets of only £2 I can get a long run “testing the water” with any place system. I have never needed to top up any of the small banks because if it failed I would drop the system anyway and if it was working then the bank would increase naturally

One note here, I have NEVER lost a whole bank while using place bets.

So the above is my betting tactics and later in other posts I will try to explain how I use a staking plan with my place betting that helps stop what I call the yo-yo effect (good runs turning to bad runs then going good again)

So that is my start. It’s now over to you.

Comments good or bad are very welcome
Would you be willing to work on a place system fella innocent
Pauluk
Pauluk

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Sat 9 Feb - 4:08

That's what this thread is for Paul, working out the best way to go for selections the best way to go for stakes or staking plans, together we can all put something in and hopefully trun out a decent system.
Brian
Brian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pauluk Sat 9 Feb - 4:14

Brian wrote:That's what this thread is for Paul, working out the best way to go for selections the best way to go for stakes or staking plans, together we can all put something in and hopefully trun out a decent system.
OK chap starting tomoz i am willing to spill the beans has to how i try to find a bet to be placed ?

Please join in, cos if anybody is interested i will share the info and how to find a selection using my method happy
Pauluk
Pauluk

Back to top Go down

Post  scruffula Sat 9 Feb - 13:31

This all sounds very exciting!

Personally, I never place a place bet below the odds of 1.5 as there just doesn't seem to be much value in it. It would be very interesting to see how other people select their place bets though.

In one of my threads, scruffulas naps I advised betting the selections as place bets if the odds were good enough. The results were a bit up and down and progress was a little slow but it did finish in the positive.
scruffula
scruffula

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Sat 9 Feb - 23:10

Some pointers that I look out for when place betting

Horses that finished 1st, 2nd or 3rd last time out, and are now running in the same type of race, and same distance but with fewer runners.

Ideally last race had 14 + runners & this race 10 or fewer runners.
If it was also being ridden by the same or better jockey and the ground was the same or near same to last time out and is running at the same track, then this would make for a strong selection.

If it was a strong selection, then low odds would not worry me because before you have even made your selection the chance of any horse getting placed in an 8 runner race is 2.66/1 with the selection being a strong selection your odds of getting it right should be even better.

More to come…
Brian
Brian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pauluk Sun 10 Feb - 18:17

Sorry chaps i forgot to post today and the system i am using has found 2 winners today (Brian can verify) in Blackthorn Boy and Crystal D'Ainay.

The system i use does not look at the form of the horse, BUT where the shrewd money is being placed. I do not consider any selection that is below 2.0 as there is no value in those.
Pauluk
Pauluk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down